TEKsystems QA Practice Architect in Phoenix, Arizona
TEKsystems Global Services® is part of TEKsystems, the leading IT services and staffing company in North America. TEKsystems Global Services provides a continuum of services ranging from engagement management to full outsourcing for applications, infrastructure and learning solutions. As a services provider, we leverage our talent management strengths to extend the business value of our client partnerships and deliver measurable business and IT outcomes.
TEKsystems Global Services is a fast-paced, growing organization with a dynamic and diverse work environment. Our strong culture is embodied by our core values- relationships, commitment, serving others and open communication. Our values guide our hiring decisions and shape how we make a meaningful impact in the IT market. As we continue to grow, our QA Practice is currently seeking a Practice Engineer to join our team. This is a great opportunity to gain hands-on experience through various reputable clients.
The role of the Practice Architect is to maintain a bird's eye view of the technical and non-technical components of the Automation tool, framework, resources, and artifacts while defining, implementing, and maintaining integration points, both technical and process driven, between all of the moving parts of the Automation Initiative. The Practice Engineer interfaces with all levels of the testing team from Management through QA Engineers and SDET's to consult on testing activities, manage engineering and development activities, and mentor/coach on testing activities.- the Practice Engineer is the "Keeper of the Vision".
The Practice Architect is responsible for ensuring the quality of an application using various QA & Development tools, technologies and programing languages. The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) must have experience designing, developing and implementing test automation frameworks in an agile environment.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
* Design, develops and maintains an automation solution
* Responsible for creating, implementing, and managing the Project Plan and Milestones of an Automation Implementation Service
* Responsible for creating and maintaining a positive relationship with the customer and acting as an empowered representative of the TEKsystems GS QA Practice within that relationship
* Responsible for identifying risks and being proactive in their mitigation - before those risks present themselves when possible
* Responsible for mentoring the team and making himself available for consultation at various levels of the customer organization so as to identify new opportunities for mutual growth between TEKsystems and the Customer.
* Provide technical product support in making presentations, demos, proof of concepts, etc.
* Receives and analyzes customer feedback to identify gaps as well as work to deploy/sustain testing initiatives as needed
* Maintains a big-picture view of the testing framework, its dependencies, organizational goals, technology arena, etc. and help guide & direct the functioning of the testing engagement appropriately.
* Analyzes products and technologies and makes appropriate suggestions to influence product / technology direction.
* Involved in hiring activities and mentoring of team members.
* Responsible for the identification of internal process and technology gaps and to provide necessary R&D direction to address those gaps.
* Applies common development and test automation design patterns (e.g. OOP, Page Object Model)
* Performs test case and code reviews.
* Uses various tools and development skills to enhance and facilitate testing
* Mines, identifies, creates and validates data from relational databases using SQL tools and languages.
* Performs software testing of software applications and other types of applications based on defined requirements.
* Applies QA and Testing processes and best practices to projects. Will also provide coaching/mentoring on best practices.
* Devises automation and QA strategies/plans appropriate for the given development methodology.
* Ensures all levels of testing are performed with the right approach and adequate coverage.
* Performs front-end and back-end analysis of applications.
* Works with the team to implement nightly/continuous integration build/deploy/test framework.
* Proposes and implements solutions to quality-related process issues within the context of assigned projects.
* Is capable of working with technically complex software.
* Has a strong ability to work in an open, dynamic, and collaborative team environment.
* Is comfortable interacting with different groups, all levels of leadership, and client contacts.
* Experience working with various integrated development environments, including but not limited to, .net and Java
* Extensive experience developing UI automated tests with Selenium WebDriver, Protractor, WebDrive.io and Nightwatch.js
* Experience with other test automation tools, such as Rest Assured, Galen, Chakram or variations of these tools.
* Experience with cloud base services and platforms; AWS, Azure, SauceLabs, Google, DeviceAnywhere
* Experience with performance testing tools such as Gatling, Jmeter, neoload and loadrunner
* Excellent knowledge of test automation methodologies, best practices e.g. Page Object Model, and programming design patterns e.g. Object Oriented Programming
* Experience with development tools and best practices such as Containers (Docker), dependency management (Maven, Gradle), Dependency Injections (Spring)
* Experience leading test automation framework design and implementation efforts.
* Demonstrates expertise related to tool selection and implementation.
* Experience in implementing various BDD frameworks, such as Jbehave, Cucumber and SpecFlow,
* Experience in reading and writing, HTLM, CSS, JSON and XML
* Experience with Source controls technologies; GIT, Subversion, VSS
* Experience implementing and working with various branching strategies; feature branching, Gitflow
* Experience with data-driven and keyword-driven testing frameworks and methodologies
* Experience with multi stack test development in a continuous development/integration environment; component, integration, system and acceptance tests
* Experience testing and developing automated tests for both REST and SOAP services using RestAssured and Karate or similar tools such as Supertest and Checkrum
* Experience implementing both Continuous Integration (CI) and Life Cycle Management on a automation implementation
* Familiar with DevOps concepts and tools (i.e. Docker, ApiGee, Artifactory …)
* Experience with various test case management and defect management tools (Jira, TFS, Quality Center, ClearQuest etc.)
Other Skills and Traits:
* Excellent analytical, interpersonal and problem solving skills; divergent thinking
* Strong public speaking/presentation skills
* Self-starter, team player
* Hard working, flexible, and able to learn quickly
* Strong time management skills
* A strong advocate and voice for overall quality and able to support their viewpoints.
* Desire to continually improve quality-related processes and practices.
EDUCATION and Experience:
* Minimum of 10 years of QA experience and 8 years of QA/ Automated test development experience
* Bachelor's degree /4-year college degree in Computer Science or engineering-related fields or relevant work experience
* Minimum of 3 year of team leading experience
Candidate must understand business processes, be a detailed-oriented person and quickly grasp new concepts. Additionally, the candidate will have strong presentation, interpersonal, software development and work management skills.
This opportunity requires a satisfactory outcome in the following employment screening categories: Criminal Background Check, Employment Verification and Employment References.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
TEKsystems, Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
TEKsystems is a equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.